Nov 7, 2010

It’s Still Fall, Right?

I wanted to have this finished a while ago, but you all know how that goes. 

pumpkin_quilt-web

I fell in love with the Pattern for this  when I saw it on Diane Knott’s Charming BlogShe and her daughter Holly are offering patterns as well as finished items in their Etsy Shop, Cottage by the Pond.   I can highly recommend the quality of their patterns and especially the pattern instructions, which are very easy to follow and very complete.  My version differs quite a bit from the original, but I’m pleased with it, and it was a good size for me to practice my free motion machine quilting.

Here’s the original Version, as shown in the pattern:

original

The Dog is somewhat amazed that I finished this, and so am I!  Happy Sunday to you all.

6 comments:

  1. Wowsers Jan, that is just stunning. I love pumpkins and really adore your version of the pattern. Great, Great Job!
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nan, you are very kind. I have a long road ahead on the quilting, but I went to a trunk show of quilts not long ago, and one of the things the speaker said that really stayed with me was "Remember, it doesn't really matter". I decided then to go back to making what I like, not just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I think we posted simultaneously! LOL!
    Great job!! Thank you!!!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work,love it!!

    Hugs,
    Leny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the project...especially when you can hang them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! It's amazing how changing up the patterns a bit makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete